2010/08/26

on a train to shanghai









After a 13 hour flight, I finally got to Beijing last week.

Three days after I arrived, I hopped on a train to Shanghai with my mom and brother. The train ride is almost as long as my flight back, but we got to lay down and sleep overnight.

I love riding the train; it's such a pleasant experience to watch the things pass by me.

By the time I woke up the next morning, I knew we were pretty close to Shanghai already, because of the endless rice fields, streams, and waterways passed by. You don't see them very often in the north.

I wasn't sure which towns exactly we traveled by, but these places look so peaceful under the fog and morning sun.

9 comments:

chrrristine said...

oh, the light is just perfect!

Ida/FarEastLogbook said...

This just looks so dreamy and calm. I love train rides!!

Gabe said...

ooh i love the sky. its so prestine.. and calming.. great set =] morning light?

anabela / fieldguided said...

Oh, these are just so beautiful. I love the haziness.

Michelle said...

I really hope I have the chance to visit my sister in Shanghai before she leaves--I've heard so many amazing things.

Anna Emilia said...

What soft colored landscapes. Lovely to hear about your train trip.

paddle to shore said...

these are beautiful, love the soft colors

http://bonjourjuliette.com/ said...

Bonjour! i just found out your blog, thanks to bonjour céline... & i felt like thanking you for your dreamy and inspiring pictures of China. They made me want to take off rigth now... Sure someday i'll go there, and i'll think about you and your inspiring photos...

http://bonjourjuliette.com/

misse ward said...

These are stunning ^_^
What are you up to in China?

Post a Comment